Every new year majority of people make the resolution to lose weight or stop a bad habit and many of those people’s resolution go unfulfilled. So this year instead of trying to improve yourself, try to improve your house by making it a more happier and healthier home!
1.One of the best and least expensive ways to feel better about your home is to clear it of clutter. This year resolve to go room-by-room periodically clearing anything that you don’t use, wear or love and donate it to charity. Stash useful items such as DVDs, remotes and those kicked-off shoes in simple woven baskets. Clear your counters of everything you don’t use on a daily basis. And get ready to breathe a little easier in your own home.
2. Shrink your bills and carbon footprint in the process. There are so many ways to go green and use less energy. Some ways are
- Remember your mom’s advice and switch off the lights when you leave a room.
- Turn off your air conditioner when you leave the house and dial it down at night.
- Install compact fluorescent bulbs and low-flow showerheads.
- Try drying some of your clothes on the line and wait for the dishwasher or washing machine to be full before you run them.
- Turn off your power strips and/or set your home computer to revert to sleep mode when not in use.
- Water your yard less. Put in drought-tolerant landscaping if necessary.
- Add solar panels to house, its a bigger investment but saves tons of money from then on.
- Give composting a try. Your garden will thank you.
3. Work out a weekly system for keeping your house clean. You can have daily chores that need to be done before every night, so a mess doesn’t form, like putting dishes in washer, clothes in hamper, and clean clothes gets put away. Then can assign weekly chores for each family member to do and be responsible for.
4. Each year most of us vow to spend more time with family and friends. To make you feel like inviting people in, why not give the areas you entertain in a little update? You don’t have go for broke here and invest in a new kitchen remodel. You can style your décor to a more up to date style. Pulling out a new accent color from your existing décor can make the whole room seem fresh. Pick an underused color in the room and add more of it in the form of a new pillow or throw to update your look.Lastly, take some time to rearrange your furniture so it is oriented in conversation groups and not just facing the television. That just might up for chances for real conversation and connection in the New Year.